This Week In TurtleCoin (Feb 24 2018)
It was another steady week here at TurtleCoin HQ, many rains were had, but no turtles were hurt in the ensuing floods!
Aditya’s TurtleCoin Pool Monitor
- Aditya’s Pool Monitor —Adi’s pool monitor received a few updates. If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s pretty cool, you can put in your wallet address and the pool you’re mining on, and it gives you all of your stats right in your pocket. Great work Adi!
Let’s enjoy Reddit while it’s still a thing!
The /r/TRTL Subreddit is celebrating 1,200 subscribers!! Congratulations to our community team that is memeing our way to the top, around the clock! Subscribe now for all of your quality TurtleCoin content and discourse -> https://trtl.reddit.com
- Decentralized Exchanges — Work continues on getting TurtleCoin added to a decentralized exchange, for the purposes of reliability and security. Remember, if your TRTL is on an exchange, you’re not in full control of it.
The current integration effort is for a DEX called Bisq, which you may remember as BitSquare. The qualifications and requirements for being listed are few, but you have to code your own integration and then get it successfully merged as a pull request to the main software repository for the exchange, and the author explicitly states that you get one chance, and one chance only at this, or you’ll be blacklisted. Needless to say, we are measuring three times and cutting once!
Bisq DEX — https://bisq.network
- Fixing Stuck Transactions — Recently, we’ve noticed people sending transactions with a large amount of inputs, but only the network minimum fee, and they get stuck easily in the transaction pool, which can really suck! Fortunately, we’re working on making these types of sticky transactions less of an issue. ZedPea had a quote and some ideas in regard to a solution: “Would be cool if you could mentioned the transaction pool bugs being attempted to be fixedI guess just don’t worry folks who have stuck tx’s, we’re working on fixing it — if they want more info there’s an explanation here — https://github.com/ZedPea/turtlecoin/commit/18677cb69439e3bd5a51dd7f96475739dd8dfde1 “
Thanks, Zed, I hope we’re able to help free the Turtles! — RockSteady
This one came attached to GT’s quote, and I’m just going to leave this filename how it is… (wrongneighborhoodmotherfucker.png)
- TRTL Game Devs, UNITE! — Our game devs really lit a fire under things this week in the chat, and I can really see some steam building in that department! If you’re an aspiring game dev or asset designer, you should check them out in the chat! Bebop took a second to get with GT3000 for a quote on this week’s developments, “Work progresses on our untitled turtle game, we’ve finished the Minimum Viable Product, and have begun fleshing out the content. Our noses are on the grindstone to really get this out to people and we’ll have more information soon but here’s a teaser image to tide you over. Keep fighting the good fight against our ILLUMINATI overlords! Turtle Forever!” Nice! I can’t wait to play! Good job, you all!
- Life’s Pool Tracker and Converter — “I’ve made an android app for pool tracking and converting TRTLs to other currencies. there is no github repo yet, it’s going to be opensource someday… it’s getting updates weekly, I’m currently working on notifications, so if your miner stops, you get notified, etcyou can test it out yourself” — LiFe[MGLolenstine]
Good job! I hope to see this one open sourced some day, so the community can learn from what you’ve made. — RockSteady
Pool Tracker — https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/xyz.mglolenstine.trtlcalculatorandpooltracker
- Derp’s Pool Watcher — “hoping to have an alpha of iOS pool watcher ready by Sunday or Monday night. steady she goes on my side” — derp-derp-derp, thanks for your hard work! We for sure need more of an iOS presence, and this could help.
- Turtle Runner — Kinjo shared with us a preview of the Turtle Runner Game that’s being worked on. This one’s really cool, and takes me back to my early Atari beginnings, thanks! I can’t wait to lose hours of productive time playing this :)
- Out of the Shell #1, #2 — Our very own, Gigantomachia, has begun a new TurtleCoin interview series that’s getting pretty popular, called “Out of the Shell” where we pull aside contributors from our community and ask them a little about about what gives their shell a spin :)
Check them out if you haven’t yet!
#1, Adjoining — https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/out-of-the-shell-1-adjoining-aka-ric-from-mexico-a79ad3946b7
#2, Turtle? — https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/out-of-the-shell-2-turtle-d9c3dfdaf6b2
walletd RPC wrapper — https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin-walletd-rpc-js
Turtle-Wallet, Python GUI Wallet for TurtleCoin (Image credit, CodIsAFish)
- GUI Wallets — Just in case you weren’t aware, we have a few GUI wallets that are receiving regular updates and lots of love from our community contributors, and if you’re into graphical programs rather than command line, these are right up your alley!
Turtle-wallet is our python GUI wallet; if you’re into Python or like tinkering, this is the one for you!
Xamarin-wallet is our windows GUI wallet; if you just want to unzip a folder and double click an icon to get started, this one is your best bet.
- Docs and Wiki — AC, Bebop, Zed, and a bunch of other industrious Turtles have been working hard on our documentation fragmentation issue lately. We have a lot of guides, but they’re all spread out, so these guys came together to bring you some cool documentation repos for users, devs, and operators. When they are done, these repos will merge, and become our knowledgebase. I hope some day we can be the most well-documented project out there, and these guys are pushing that vision forward every day!
“docs repo has been consolidated with turtlecoin-wiki and closed. Documentation organization and cleanup is underway and we’ll have a nice, organized structure for documentation and guides together in the next couple of days” — Bebop
- Turtle-Coin.com —” has been updated with a new way to add your pools. Go to https://turtle-coin.com/request.php and enter the data. Requirements are not set in stone, and will change with the network. “— Watter from Turtle-Coin.com
AC — invaluable work on documentation, dev site, etc.
fexra — working on a web wallet, support and testing for turtlecoin-walletd-rpc-js
Rybofy — ads
cpnCrunch — stickers
Note: As I’m writing this weeks update (Mar 2, 2018), I see that this article was here, almost-done and unpublished. My logic in posting it now is that I figured it was best to post this in it’s half written state rather than not at all, for historical purposes. Bebop and I were working to pull together quotes and mentions for this issue, but he thought I was posting it, and I thought he was posting it, and ultimately neither of us did it, and while everyone was all-hands-on-deck for a few important issues, this article had to be re-prioritized. If you submitted an update or a quote, please contact me personally and I’ll update this article. — RockSteadyI’m probably missing a few; it’s been a big week! If you’d like your project or update added, please shoot me a line! — RockSteady